Sunday, July 23, 2017

Florida Road Trip Summer 2017

The Hoover's summer plans took them to Tennessee and Florida after a few days with us and family in Chicago. The plan was for them to stay at our place on the way back as they were flying out of Ohare - which they did BUT BIG PROBLEM - my girls would be at summer camp during this final visit. All the girls were crushed when they realized this so I decided we would make a road trip to Naples, Florida where the Hoovers were staying with Brandon's dad so the girls could spend a few more days together and I could hang out with Brandon and Olga and enjoy Florida. Again, Alicia was finishing up work before starting her new job in Wheeling so she could not participate. I love road tripping and I think the girls have a bit of my genes in this area as they were great throughout the journey.


Before we left - Emmerson cooking up a "bunch of leftovers" breakfast. 


Ada with her walrus popsicle sticks


On the way - early start so the girls slept for a bit - here they are mustering - most likely hungry. One of my favorite things about road tripping in eating whatever wherever. I know I stopped before the girls mustered and got a McD's coffee and hashbrown. 


The geography geek in me - fascinated by stuff like this - will resist spewing forth



Watching the tour de France as I write this. It is definitely on of my favorite sporting events and an indulgences as I can watch all the stages. 


First truck stop somewhere.


And dog walk somewhere.


Kentucky slick biker set up. 


Girls in Kentucky.



Thumbs up for Tennessee.


Not quite sure what this was about but girls seemed to like it.


Ada doing what she does so well - showing Emmerson lots of love whether she likes it or not. 


Georgia!


Emmerson showing her love for Ada by hefting her up in the air whether she likes it or not!


Another thing I enjoy about road tripping - never quite sure what one will find on the road. Very curious as to what live aquatic animals were in transport and why and where were they off to?


Emmerson with her cinnamon role in full force. This was at the hotel outside of Atlanta that we stayed at on the way south to FLA. I went across the street and got a fast food dinner compliments of KFC for a late night feeding. 


Happy in bed at our stop over in Atlanta


Lego looking truck. I think this was actually hauling chickens.


Florida! But still a long haul to Naples. 



Super little road trippers!

No comments: