Tuesday, August 13, 2013

One of those Random Things that could have gone very wrong ...

I happened to be at the Greenbelt mall complex again the other day and as I was walking along an elevated pedestrian walkway through the mall, a giant tropical hardwood tree fell onto the walkway a few yards in front of me. It shattered glass and made quite a dent in the structure. If I had been delayed a few seconds ....

Kudos for trying to keep some hardwood trees in the urban sprawl but unfortunately the root structure is simply not stable.

  I can't configure this text to be directly next   to the picture and it    is driving me crazy but I will step away and carry on. The              gawked for a while until on took charge and kind of                      kept shoppers from walking under and around the fallen tree        and collapsed walkway (I didn't step away)

No comments: