Thursday, August 06, 2026

Chicago Skyline with Brandon

 Brandon was in town for a tech conference so we met up and did the architecture boat tour. Somehow I have lived in Chicago a long time without actually taking the tour so was quite excited - except it was like 20 below. 


Brandon is trying really hard not to show how cold he was. It was April and he did not pack for a brisk day on the Chicago river but I did!


Iconic art deco residential towers built back to try and provide turn key living with boat docks, parking garage, shopping and such. 


Classic river view east toward the lake.




On the turn from main branch to south branch. Some very purposeful design and positioning to get this amazing perspective. 


I am sure the docent said something cool about this building as they did about most of the prominent buildings visible from the river. But I forgot - which is surprising because it was really interesting and our guide presented the info with a lot of stories which is format my memory resonates with well. So maybe this was simply cool looking so I snapped a photo - because it is cool looking.












No comments: