Saturday, April 13, 2019

Randomness at Work March 2019


It's funny the food that appears around school. It has become a running joke with Alicia the food scene at NT. Most meetings have some sort of food available and every Friday it is a tradition for a kid to bring in breakfast for advisory - typically bagels or donuts. Leftovers and unwanted teacher food often ends up in out common room. My favorite was a take away container of chik - filet chicken tenders. The other day I walked into the office and one of the teachers I was about to cross paths with was carrying the Hershey's syrup and asked if I wanted it - sure ....... so I got an unopened bottle of chocolate syrup for Emmerson to chug. I'm sure it was a leftover from an advisory function - the source of many items that end up in the office. 


On Wednesdays I often take my advisees on a random walk - go for a walk Wednesday .... if the weather is decent or really undecent (just to experience it) we go outside, if not we explore the school. It is a massive 4 story over a hundred year old behemoth of a building with all sorts of doors and passageways to explore. On this particular day we passed by the pool door and I asked how many had ever seen the pool and most responded in the negative. So we entered into the viewing area and I gave them a bit of history of the pool such as back in the day such as nude PE swim classes. 


Friday donuts. Glad I don't really like donuts or this could get dangerous.


No comments: