Monday, October 02, 2017

Sunday Fun - Asian Food and the Roof 2017




At our favorite Asian market/foodcourt. Unfortunately, the supermarket seems to be struggling, downsizing to more staples- less fresh food options. I attribute this to the assimilation of the Asian community BUT fortunately this supermarket still exists for the basics of my Asian cooking. 

 Every time we come her, we see the locals waiting in long lines at one establishment for these loafs of "bread"? You can see the rather impressive pile on the couples table above. We have been curious about this food item for quite a while so Emmerson and Ada jumped at the chance to try some. So I sent my explorer girls off  to stand in line to wait in the ever present long line at the puffy bread loaf place to buy a sampling. 


Successfully navigated the long line and excitedly presenting their puffy bread. 


 Bowl of Vietnamese good stuff and puffy bread. 


And here we are with our full on lunch at the Asian market food court - bread item and all.


A better pic of the items - looks like a bowl of Vietnamese rice noodles with various condiments, pot stickers, fried rice and the puffy bread product .... the puffy bread tasted like ..... puffy bread. 



And then we got home and I needed to get the leaves off the roof and the girls talked me into letting them explore the roof and my memory of me as a kid kicked in of all the things I did as a kid including roof things so I let them have at it. 


On the back porch roof. 


Helping daddy clear the gutters. 


Exploring - careful girls .... 


On top of the roof.


And made it to the other side - nicely done girls. 


And celebrating ... Ada with a fantastic "freeze jump in the air pose" and Emmerson with a full on hair flow.  

No comments: